Beanstring Platform Policies
I. Features and Functionality
1. You must not violate any law or the rights of any individual or entity, and must not expose Beanstring or Beanstring users to harm or legal liability as determined by us in our sole discretion. You represent that any disclosure to us will not be incidental to the ordinary course of your business.
2. You must not include functionality that proxies, requests or collects Beanstring usernames or passwords.
3. You must not circumvent (or claim to circumvent) our intended limitations on core Beanstring features and functionality.
4. If you offer a service for a user that integrates user data into a physical product (such as a scrapbook or calendar), you must only create a physical product for that user's personal and non-commercial use.
5. Your website must offer an explicit "Log Out" option that also logs the user out of Beanstring.
6. Special provision for apps on Pages: When a user visits your Page, if they have not given explicit permission by authorizing your Beanstring app or directly providing information to your Page, you may only use information obtained from us and the user's interaction with your Page in connection with that Page. For example, although you may use aggregate analytics for your individual Page, you must not combine information from any other sources to customize the user's experience on your Page and may not use any information about the user's interaction with your Page in any other context (such as analytics or customization across other Pages or websites).
7. You must not use or make derivative use of Beanstring icons, or use terms for Beanstring features and functionality, if such use could confuse users into thinking that the reference is to Beanstring features or functionality.
8. Competing social networks: (a) You may not use Beanstring Platform to export user data into a competing social network without our permission; (b) Apps on Beanstringmay not integrate, link to, promote, distribute, or redirect to any app on any other competing social network.
9. The primary purpose of your Canvas or Page Tab app on Beanstring must not be to simply redirect users out of the Beanstring experience and onto an external site.
10. You must not include data obtained from us in any search engine or directory without our written permission.
II. Storing and Using Data You Receive From Us
1. You will only request the data you need to operate your application.
2. You may cache data you receive through use of the Beanstring API in order to improve your application’s user experience, but you should try to keep the data up to date. This permission does not give you any rights to such data.
4. A user's friends' data can only be used in the context of the user's experience on your application.
5. Subject to certain restrictions, including on transfer, users give you their account informationwhen they connect with your application. For all other data obtained through use of the Beanstring API, you must obtain explicit consent from the user who provided the data to us before using it for any purpose other than displaying it back to the user on your application.
6. You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us, including user data or Beanstring User IDs, to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization related toolset, even if a user consents to such transfer or use. By indirectly we mean you cannot, for example, transfer data to a third party who then transfers the data to an ad network. By any data we mean all data obtained through use of the Beanstring Platform (API, Social Plugins, etc.), including aggregate, anonymous or derivative data.
7. You will not use Beanstring User IDs for any purpose outside your application (e.g., your infrastructure, code, or services necessary to build and run your application). Beanstring User IDs may be used with external services that you use to build and run your application, such as a web infrastructure service or a distributed computing platform, but only if those services are necessary to running your application and the service has a contractual obligation with you to keep Beanstring User IDs confidential.
8. If you need an anonymous unique identifier to share outside your application with third parties such as content partners, advertisers, or ad networks, you must contact us. You must never share this anonymous unique identifier with a data broker, information broker, or any other service that we may define as such under our sole discretion.
9. You will not sell any data. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you can continue to use user data within your application, but you cannot transfer data outside your application.
10. If you stop using Platform or we disable your application, you must delete all data you have received through use of the Beanstring API unless: (a) it is basic account information; or (b) you have received explicit consent from the user to retain their data.
11. You will delete all data you receive from us concerning a user if the user asks you to do so, and will provide an easily accessible mechanism for users to make such a request. We may require you to delete data you receive from the Beanstring API if you violate our terms.
12. You will not include data you receive from us concerning a user in any advertising creative, even if a user consents to such use.
13. You must not give your secret key to another party, unless that party is an agent acting on your behalf as an operator of your application. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account identifiers.
1. Responsibility for content: You are responsible for all content of and within your application, including advertisements, user-generated content, and any content hosted, streamed or otherwise delivered to users by third parties. You must make it clear that this content is not provided by Beanstring. You must also comply with the Beanstring Community Standards
2. Demographic restrictions: You are responsible for restricting access to your content in accordance with our content policies and all applicable laws and regulations. Although we may provide controls to assist with this, please note that we make no representations regarding the sufficiency of any controls provided to you and that you are ultimately responsible for establishing legally compliant restrictions for each country & state where your app is visible.
3. Advertisements and cross-promotions:
a. You must not include advertisements, cross-promote other applications, or provide web search functionality in content distributed through Beanstring
4. Promotions: If you run, reference, or facilitate a promotion (contest, competition, or sweepstake) on Beanstring, you must comply with Beanstring’sPromotions Guidelines.
5. Permission from Beanstring: You must not promote, or provide content referencing, facilitating, or containing online gambling, online real money games of skill or online lotteries without our written permission.
6. Quality of content: you are responsible for providing users with a quality experience and must not confuse, defraud, mislead, spam or surprise users. For example, you must monitor your app's negative feedback to ensure it stays below our thresholds, avoid excessive advertisements or bugs, and ensure the description of your app is consistent with your app's content.
B. Content Rights
1. You agree that you will not promote or provide content that references, facilitates, contains or uses content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including intellectual property rights, privacy, publicity, moral or other personal or proprietary rights, or that is deceptive or fraudulent.
2. You must ensure that you own or have secured all rights necessary to copy, display, distribute, deliver, render and publicly perform all content of or within your application to Beanstring users in all countries & states where you make the content available.
3. You are responsible for all licensing, reporting and payout obligations to third parties required in connection with content of or within your application.
4. Although we have no obligation to do so, in our sole discretion we may request, and you are required to provide us, proof that your application and any content of or within your application is properly licensed.
IV. Application Integration Points
1. If a user grants you a publishingpermission, actions you take on the user's behalf must be expected by the user and consistent with the user's actions within your app.
We can take enforcement action against you and any or all of your applications if we determine in our sole judgment that you or your application violates Beanstring Platform Terms and Policies. Enforcement action is both automated and manual, and can include disabling your application, restricting you and your application's access to Platform functionality, terminating our agreements with you, or any other action as we in our sole discretion deem appropriate.
Communication with developers takes place via an email sent from the Beanstring.com or tspl.co domain to the contact email address registered to the application. To stay in touch, please ensure that your email address is current and that you do not filter out any such messages.
We can change these Platform Policies at any time without prior notice as we deem necessary. Your continued use of Platform constitutes acceptance of those changes.
1. By "Application" we mean canvas page application, Platform integration, or any other technical integration we have assigned an application identification number.
2. By “basic account information” we mean: name, email, gender, birthday, current city, college and profile picture URL.
3. By "Beanstring Platform Terms and Policies" we mean the Platform Policies.
4. By "User data you receive from Beanstring" we mean any data or content (including any images, text, or other information or materials) you receive from us, that was provided by users to us, or was associated by us with a particular user.
VIII. Branding and Promotion Policy
You must follow the guidelines set forth in theBeanstring Advertising Policies.
IX. Ads API
1. You must use separate accounts for each client and use our multi-client manager functionality to structure your client accounts.
2. You may offer a white-label version of your application to third parties, but may only do so by creating a unique application for each third party (or requiring each third party to create their own application), and then requesting that we grant these applications access to our Ads API. If you create a unique application on behalf of the third party, you must include a required field for your clients to agree to Beanstring Terms and Policies.
3. You may place 1x1 pixel view tags on certain advertisements with our prior authorization. All data collected or obtained by you or the advertiser, including but not limited to all view tag data that is not otherwise available through the Beanstring service, and all data derived therefrom, may only be used by you or the advertiser on an anonymous basis to optimize and measure the performance of that advertiser's Beanstring campaign. Neither you nor the advertiser may use data for the following purposes: retargeting whether on or off of the Beanstring service; to commingle the data across multiple campaigns; to build or augment any user profiles, or to use piggybacking or redirects with the 1x1 pixel tags, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized by us.